Connected and autonomous cars introduce all legal questions previously only explored in sci-fi. Get your legal questions and concerns answered.
- Data: Get to the bottom of concerns surrounding privacy and data ownership, incl. who has obligations and potential liability
- Fleet Management: Discuss whether the data from in-vehicle technology can be used as the basis for employee disciplinary actions and if employees have a right to privacy, plus implications for litigation
- Caselaw Update: What are the recent cases involving auto cybersecurity, the Internet of Things, and class actions in the auto, mobility and cyber spaces?
- Decide if automakers have a responsibility to address concerns about driver distraction or design vehicles and systems to minimize driver distraction or if this responsibility – legal and otherwise – rests solely with the driver
Cybersecurity breaches undermine the overall safety of a product, but methods for preparing for them lie outside engineering traditions. How do we harmonize these different approaches?
- Explore the role cybersecurity should play in functional safety and how to incorporate the security approach methods alongside those from the ISO 26262 to avoid fatal errors
- Get to grips with threat modelling in the security world and anticipate the new environmental hazards brought in by the Internet, e.g. someone remotely controlling the car
- Practicing failure: Participate in a live exercise of a fictitious scenario where cybersecurity impacts vehicle safety. First in the absence, then presence, of ready postures toward failure
AI will make the autonomous car truly driverless. But there are situations where a human quality such as ethics will still need to play a role.
- Consider how we humanize machine intelligence to gain consumer acceptance on machines making decisions
- Debate what choice parameters should be programmed into AI to make life or death decisions that human drivers make based on emotion
- Save the driver or pedestrian? Debate the answer to such a question to create an AI that would reach the same decision as a human